Here’s why it’s important
Your voice has power. MSU Denver Champions are volunteers who mobilize to advocate on behalf of the University to help influence public policy, shape public opinion, energize support, and secure MSU Denver’s future as an accessible high-quality four-year institution.
MSU Denver needs your voice to promote these important aspects with your communities:
- MSU Denver is dedicated to closing the attainment gap and increasing opportunities for nontraditional students and students of color.
- MSU Denver partners with Colorado’s public, private and nonprofit sectors to address and solve community problems.
- MSU Denver is committed to access for everyone, including undocumented students.
- MSU Denver receives the lowest amount of state funding, despite having the greatest need.
- Colorado is ranked 48th in the nation in state support for public higher education. Lack of state support has a direct correlation to tuition rates (low state support = higher tuition).